How to connect QBO to your entity
1. After you create your account at https://app.bookkeep.com/signup you will have a new entity created and will be prompted to connect your accounting platform via a badge icon.
2. Click “Connect to QuickBooks” which will prompt a pop-up window to appear where you can enter your login credentials used to access your QBO account.
Note: if you have an accounting/bookkeeping practice with multiple clients make sure you select the appropriate company file for the organization/client you are setting up.
3. Upon successful completion of the previous step, your connection will be displayed under “Accounting Platform”, which gives you a few options:
- Refresh – useful when creating new accounts on your Accounting Platform which will be picked up and displayed in the mapping windows of your connected apps.
- Test – click to test the integrity of your Accounting Platform connection
- Delete – allows you to delete the connected Accounting Platform
After this step is completed, you will need to connect your apps if you wish to start posting your data to your Accounting Platform.
Note: You can choose to skip this and still connect your apps to bring the data into Bookkeep and preview it without posting to accounting but you will not be able to map the incoming data to your accounting platform accounts until this accounting connection is completed.