How to connect Xero to your organization1. After you create your account at https://app.bookkeep.com/signup you will have a new company created and will be prompted to connect your accounting platform:
Note: if you choose to “skip this step” on this screen you can always come back to complete the connection by selecting “Connections” from the left-side menu from the organization’s dashboard and then "Accounting":
2. Click “Connect to Xero” which will prompt a pop-up window to appear where you can enter your login credentials used to access your Xero account.
Note: if you have an accounting/bookkeeping practice with multiple clients make sure you select the appropriate company file for your client you are setting up.
3. Upon successful completion of the previous step, your connection will be displayed under “Connections”, which gives you a few options:
- Test – click to test the integrity of your Accounting Platform connection
- Refresh – useful when creating new accounts on your Accounting Platform which will be picked up and displayed in the mapping windows of your connected apps.
- Delete – allows you to delete the connected Accounting Platform
After this step is completed, you will need to connect your apps if you wish to start posting your data to your Accounting Platform.
Note: You can choose to skip this and still connect your apps to bring the data into Bookkeep and preview it without posting to accounting but you will not be able to map the incoming data to your accounting platform accounts until this accounting connection is completed.