Walk through of the steps to get Shift4Shop up and running
To begin utilizing Bookkeep's automated journal entries for Shift4Shop, you must connect the Shift4Shop store that you would like to import data. Below we will go step-by-step through the setup process to ensure you are ready to go!
1. First connect your Shift4Shop store by visiting the Connections/Apps View and clicking Add an App (top right) to locate Shift4Shop:
2. Clicking on the icon above will take you to the screen to actually connect. If you have the store credentials, click "Connect Now":
3. In order to proceed with the Shift4Shop connection, you will need to input the domain name of the Shift4Shop store. Once this domain name is entered you will need to login into the Shift4Shop store to grant Bookkeep access:
4. After logging into the Shift4Shop store and granting Bookkeep access, you will see Shift4Shop listed as a connected App within your Connections/Apps view in Bookkeep (we are getting closer!):
5. Now that your Shift4Shop store is connected to Bookkeep, you will need to complete your mapping to the accounts from your Accounting Platform (e.g. QuickBooks Online) which can be found by clicking "Setup" from the Connections/Apps view.
6. Shift4Shop Sales Summary journal entry mapping: This journal entry posts the sales completed during the prior day as one summarized journal entry for the entire day. When completing this mapping you will click "Setup" and then "Map" to select the specific accounts pulled in from your accounting platform which will receive the data from Shift4Shop (clicking Refresh below will pull in the latest accounts from your accounting platform if you made recent changes). Additionally, the magic wand at the right of each line will create an account in your accounting platform if you do not have one to select in the dropdown:
7. After completing the needed journal entry mapping, you can set the journal entry to ON which will begin posting a daily journal entry for each day starting on the next day.
8. Once you have mapped the necessary journal entry templates and set them to ON, you are good to go! You will see journal entries begin posting to your accounting platform the next day!