Walkthrough of the steps to get Squarespace up and running
To begin utilizing Bookkeep's automated journal entries for Squarespace, you must connect the Squarespace account where you would like to import the data from. Below we will go step-by-step through the setup process to ensure you are ready to go!
- First connect your Squarespace account by visiting the Connections/Apps View (from the left navigation) and clicking "Add an app" (in the top right) to search for Squarespace by either starting to type in the name or by scrolling down through the list being displayed:
- Clicking on Squarespace will take you to the screen to actually connect. We give you the option to invite the store owner to connect for you if you do not have the store credentials (this will send them an email to connect Squarespace). Otherwise, if you have the login credentials, click "Connect Now."
- If you proceed with the immediate "Connect Now," a new window will appear for you to log in to your Squarespace account as shown below:
- Once you have logged in to grant access to Bookkeep, you will see your Squarespace account connected to Bookkeep in your Connections-Apps listings:
- Now that your Squarespace account is connected to Bookkeep, you will need to complete your mapping to the accounts from your Accounting Platform (e.g. QuickBooks Online) which can be found on the Connections tab and clicking on "Setup" to expand the dropdown where you can then click "Map" for a specific template. After completing the mappings, you can set each journal entry to ON. This will activate a daily journal entry for each journal entry template that is turned on. We offer both a Sales Summary daily journal entry and a Payment Fees journal entry (which will record the processing fees for payments received on Squarespace from Paypal and/or Stripe).
- Within the dropdown from the Connections view, you can click “Configure” where you should select the correct time zone and end of day for the Squarespace account that you have connected. This will impact when we complete the next journal entry and ensure we are retrieving the right order and deposit data for that time period:
This is where you will also need to choose your Accounting platform company file where the Squarespace data will be posted.
- Once you have mapped the necessary journal entry templates you would like to turn to ON, you are good to go! You will see journal entries begin posting to your accounting platform the next day or alternatively you can start posting historical data if you are catching up on your accounting!