This article will detail the accounting automation available for Lightspeed. Bookkeep supports the Lightspeed Retail POS (R-Series).
Lightspeed POS is a one-stop retail POS platform enabling merchants to sell everywhere. Our Lightspeed integration will allow business owners to organize revenue data feeding in from their cloud-based point of sale system. This particular revenue data is available on our Lightspeed Summary template and includes the following fields:
- Gross Sales - Credit that represents gross revenue before discounts and maps to an income account.
- Discounts - Debit that represents any discounts on the orders which should also map to an income account.
- Sales Tax Collected - This Credit is all sales tax collected on all transactions.
- Gift Cards Issued - This Credit is the value of gift cards sold and should map to a Liability account.
- Tips Collected - This Credit represents all tips collected and should map to a liability account or you have the option to map to the same account where your payroll provider pays tips out of.
- Lightspeed Balance - This Debit is the clearing account for the total collected from credit cards before fees.
- Lightspeed Cash Balance - This Debit is a tender account and is the value of the total collected from cash. You can map this to the standard Undeposited Funds account to use the Bank Deposits window in QuickBooks.
- Lightspeed Other Tender Balance - This Debit is a tender account is the value of the total collected from other tender types. It should map to an other current asset account.
- Gift Tender Total - This Debit This line is the total gift cards used as a tender. Use the same account as above for Gift Card Issued.
- Lightspeed Customer Credit Balance (issued) - This Credit represents the value of Customer Credit Account issued and should map to a Liability account.
- Lightspeed Customer Credit Balance (redeemed) - This Debit represents the value of Customer Credit Account redeemed and should map to the same Liability account as the issued Credit Balance (above).
Start your free 14-day trial of Bookkeep and see how easy it is to post Square summaries and deposits to your accounting platform.