Updates around new apps or improvements to our integrations and platform
- Bookkeep email & Bookkeep AI: We recently rolled out the concept of Bookkeep AI within our platform, which can be utilized via a "Bookkeep email". This email is unique to each and every entity.
The purpose of the Bookkeep email is to expand the scope of integrations that our users have access to. Your email can be found under your Entity settings:
All users on an entity can send sales reports to this email in either PDF, XLS, or CSV format.
Our Bookkeep AI technology will process your attached files and book the appropriate journal entries automatically. We will update you via email when your new connection is live on our Bookkeep account under Connections > Apps.
Please note that you will still need to map these new connections to your accounting platform, just as you would any new integration on Bookkeep.
- Xero SSO on Bookkeep's sign in page: Xero users with an email associated with a Bookkeep account can now easily sign into the Bookkeep app via our "Log in with Xero" single sign on button:
- Importing historical dates: We've updated our "Run date range" feature by naming it "Import dates", which is a more accurate description of the feature overall.
Additionally, users will notice:
1. A pop-up window to acknowledge the cost of USD $0.35 per entry prior to importing the data:
2. An in-app progress banner will inform you how many "days" (entries) across X-number of "apps" (templates) are left to post to your Activity table:
- New installation requirements for Shopify: For all new Shopify connections, Bookkeep users will be required to connect our application via the Shopify app store. Users will still be able to access their Shopify connection and map its accounts via app.bookkeep.com but the initial connection will need to take place on the Shopify store:
- QuickBooks Online Company name display: Bookkeep users who have QuickBooks Online connected will notice that we're now displaying your QuickBooks Company name and provider authorization ID. For users who have multiple entities connected to Bookkeep, this feature will ensure you have the correct QBO account linked to the correct entity.
- Bookkeep currency conversions: We've added a new feature to convert currencies when the source currency does not match the accounting platform currency. This is beneficial if you deal with multiple currencies and your QuickBooks multicurrency is not enabled or if postings to Xero fail due to currency mismatch versus your base or bank account currencies. If you would like this enabled, please contact email@example.com.
- New Pricing Page: We've updated our Billing page to reflect our new plans and pricing. You will notice a brand new radio button selector to help you toggle between Monthly and Annual plans. Additionally, payment methods can be easily entered and edited via a new in-line billing method field.
Legacy users will notice that they were not auto-enrolled into one of our new plans. Instead, their old pricing plan will still be visible via the Billing page (see screenshot below) until the user selects a new plan. To learn about our pricing, check out our pricing page or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Multi-currency mapping: For any QBO users who have multi-currency turned on, Bookkeep now allows you to map accounts with separate currencies. For example, our system now allows this user to map her US Stripe Balance account to the Stripe Fees coming in from a Canadian account:
- Notifications Management: In your Bookkeep.com app, you can now manage email notifications by navigating to My Profile > Notifications. Here, you'll be able to opt in/opt out of our Daily Summary Email; more notification options are coming soon. Please note that these notifications are on the user-level, not on the organization-level.
- Multi-currency Display: For Bookkeep clients who have multi-currency turned on in QuickBooks Online, we will now reflect this in our user interface by displaying a "Multi-currency ON" indicator under Connections > Accounting.
- Currency Indication on Journal Entry: To further accommodate multi-currency customers, our Journal Entry view now indicates which currency is being used per entry. This is done via a currency abbreviation sitting side by side with both the "Debits" and "Credits" columns:
- Mappings Recovery - When a connector app is deleted and then re-added to the Bookkeep application, we now allow users to recover previous mappings via a recovery modal:
- Amazon Seller: you can now connect multiple marketplaces and each connection will pull in relevant sales and deposits specific to that marketplace.
- Sezzle Fees: we now support importing fees for both USD and CAD transactions.